Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Resources
The pandemic has caused some people to become hesitant about seeking non-COVID-related care for themselves or their families. They may be ignoring their health for fear of visiting a medical office. However, taking care of your health right now is extremely important.
Chesapeake Health Care has implemented rigorous policies and procedures at each of its locations to keep both patients and caregivers safe.
Additional safety measures that we’ve implemented include:
- Daily employee temperature checks at the beginning of each shift;
- Screening all patients as they enter for COVID-19 symptoms. If they show signs of an upper respiratory infection, we will attempt to see them outside or through a video visit;
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all spaces throughout the day;
- Social distancing in waiting areas;
- Online check-in for appointments through our Patient Portal;
- Visitors are not allowed to accompany patients to their appointments, and only one adult may accompany a child to an appointment;
- All persons entering CHC facilities must have a facial covering. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- We also offer telemedicine appointments for you to speak with your provider through video chat on your phone, tablet, or computer from the safety of your home. Call our main office at 410-749-1015.
Important Notice Regarding Testing for COVID-19:
Chesapeake Health Care is following the CDC recommendations regarding who can be tested for COVID-19.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Information from the CDC:
Learn up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 including symptoms, how to protect yourself, and what to do if you are sick. Click here for the CDC website.
Maryland Department of Health:
Visit the Maryland Department of Health’s official resource for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak.
COVID Assessment Tool:
This is a free, no signup, online self-assessment tool that can help you decide whether you want to seek testing for COVID-19. Click here for the tool.