Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) has recognized Chesapeake Health Care for its commitment to quality health care.
Salisbury, MD (Oct. 11, 2018) — We are pleased to announce that Chesapeake Health Care has received the following Quality Improvement Awards from HRSA, all of which come with additional grant funding to support our health care quality initiatives:
- Clinical Quality Improver Award (Made at least 10% improvement in one or more clinical quality measures between 2016 and 2017)
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Reporters employed EHRs to report on all CQM data for all of the health center’s patients.
- Enhancing Access to Care Awards recognized health centers that increased the total number of patients served and the number of patients receiving comprehensive services between 2016 and 2017.
- Addressing Health Disparities Awards recognized health centers that met, exceeded, or made at least a 10% improvement toward Healthy People 2020 goals across different racial/ethnic groups.
- Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) for Quality Awards recognized health centers that utilized HIT systems to increase access to care and advance quality of care.
- Health centers with patient-centered medical home (PCMH) recognition in one or more delivery site received Achieving Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition.
“Chesapeake Health Care is pleased to receive these grant funds to continue improving access to health care,” added Brian Holland, CEO. “I’m proud of our entire staff who works together to develop and implement strategies that improve the quality, efficiency, and value of health care for those in our community.”
Chesapeake Health Care currently provides health care to over 48,000 patients in the Lower Eastern Shore every year. For more information, please visit HRSA’s Quality Improvement Awards.