Important Tips to Get Enrollment Help Before the Deadline
Here’s how you can still get help now to enroll, change plans, or update your information:
1) Call us at 1-855-642-8572 (TTY: 1-855-642-8573). Hours are Mondays to Fridays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The call center offers assistance in more than 200 languages, as well as TTY services for the deaf and hard of hearing.
If you experience a wait, consider taking advantage of our callback feature so you will not lose your place in line. The system will give an approximate time for how long it will take to receive a call back.
Please note the system will dial you at least twice if you are not are not able to pick up on the first call. Look for area code 313 when we call.
2) Find free, in-person help near you by using our new search tool.
Consumer assistance organizations and authorized insurance brokers provide free assistance enrolling in plans.
The search tool is available on our website as well as through our new mobile app, Enroll MHC, available free for Android and iOS devices.
3) Save time and have this information ready:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status
- Tax returns for previous years
- Employer and income info (pay stubs, W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any job-related coverage you or someone in your household is eligible for
- Photo ID, if you’re applying in person