Q&A Regarding Your Dental Appointments During COVID-19
Our Dental Department has reopened for routine dental services in Princess Anne. If you have missed an appointment due to COVID-19 please contact us now to reschedule at 410-651-5151. We are excited to see our patients again!
In order to mitigate risks and exposures, we have developed a strategy that includes many “layers” of protection as recommended by the CDC and OSHA. In order to implement these additional safety measures, we are asking everyone to please be patient with our staff.
Here’s how we’re keeping our patients and staff safe and healthy:
- Telephone triage — Patients are given a COVID-19-related screened questionnaire over the phone regarding travel, history of exposure, testing, symptoms, etc.
- Taking Temperatures — We’re taking the temperatures of all patients and guardians upon arrival. If your temperature exceeds 100.4°F you will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Social Distancing — We allow no more than nine patients at a time in our reception area. Patients are encouraged to wait in their vehicles.
- Masks — Patients are instructed to arrive with their own face covering and their own ink pen to avoid cross-contamination.
- Hand Sanitizer — We are providing patients with hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- No Visitors Policy — Adult patients (age 18+) are required to enter the building alone. Children (ages 0 to 18) may have only one guardian present. No siblings can enter unless they are also scheduled for care.
- Preprocedural Rinses — We’re having patients use a rinse with a solution of 1-3% hydrogen peroxide for 30+ seconds before procedures.
The Chesapeake Health Care Dental Department has locations in Princess Anne and Salisbury. It was established to provide high-quality dental care for our entire community. We serve people of all ages, income levels, those insured, under-insured, and uninsured. Chesapeake Health Care provides dental services to residents of Wicomico, Worcester, and Somerset counties. We offer comprehensive dental services with special emphasis on prevention and restoration. Our Department of Dentistry is, by far, the largest provider of dental services to adults and children on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
With a commitment to patient care, advocacy, research, and education, our Dental Department serves as the clinical training site for accredited advanced education programs in Pediatric Dentistry and Advanced Education in General Dentistry, in partnership with NYU Langone Medical Center.
Together with active clinical programs, the Department of Dentistry has active patient outreach programs in the schools of Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties that screen, offer preventive services and case management leading to treatment for children and expectant mothers,
In addition, the Department of Dentistry has a vibrant Division of Continuing Dental Education which sponsors continuing education courses for local and internationally trained dentists.
Our site addresses and phone numbers are listed on our Locations tab.
Dr. Robert McCready
Dr. McCready received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore, and Certificate in Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) from New York University, Lutheran Medical Center. He is happy to be a part of Chesapeake Health Care’s Dental AEGD Faculty.
Donna Baer, RDH
B.S. in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland, Baltimore Campus.
Dr. Jerome S. Casper (Pediatric Dentist)
Dental School: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Residency: North Shore University Hospital
Kortney L. Davis, RDH
Dr. Mariella De Stefano (Pediatric Dentist)
Dental School: UNIMES School of Dentistry, Sanots, SP. Brazil
Residency: Boston University School of Dental Medicine
Remington Dewey, RDH
B.S. in Dental Hygiene from West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Judy L. Forse, RDH
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Dr. Patrick Holmlund (General Dentist)
Dental School: University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore, MD.
Residency: VA Medical Center in Baltimore, MD.
Crystal B. Howatt, RDH
A.S. from Wor-Wic Community College, Salisbury, MD. B.S. in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Joseph Merai (General Dentist)
Dental School: University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine.
Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
Dr. Robert M. Schulz (Pediatric Dentist)
Dr. Celeste M. Ziara (General Dentist)
Dental Outreach Director
Dental School: University of Maryland Baltimore College of Dental Surgery