Three Lower Counties Community Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1994 to provide primary medical and dental care to patients in Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties in Maryland. Since then, our services have expanded to include care for migrant/seasonal farm workers, mental health, pharmacy, obstetrics and gynecology, urogynecology, maternal fetal medicine, dental, and pediatrics.
In 2016, we changed our name from Three Lower Counties Community Services to Chesapeake Health Care to more accurately reflect our core mission, which is to provide affordable, culturally competent patient and family-centered health care. As a Community Health Center we serve the healthcare needs of the three lower counties of the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
In 2017, we opened a new OB/GYN facility, which is located in the Woodbrooke Medical Campus in Salisbury. This 26,700 sq. ft. facility has 32 exam rooms. We have providers who specialize in Obstetrics, Gynecology, Urogynecology, and Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Our employee workforce has grown to more than 400 people. In 2018, more than 49,000 patients received health care services. We continue to grow and provide exemplary service to our patients.
The mission of Chesapeake Health Care is to provide affordable, culturally competent patient and family-centered health care, leading to individual and community wellness to residents of the three lower counties in Maryland, regardless of their ability to pay.
The vision of Chesapeake Health Care is to have a community that comes together in health, to eliminate the suffering of disease and social conditions of our neighbors by expanding service and decreasing disparities.
The values of Chesapeake Health Care are Value of Life, Affordability and Availability, Listening and Learning Skills, Unity and Empathy.
Chesapeake Health Care… YOUR Community Health Center!
Recognition and Awards
Chesapeake Health Care is certified by the Joint Commission in Behavioral Health and as a Patient Centered Medical Home. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we provide the highest quality, affordable, culturally competent health care and preventive service. We offer a full range of pharmacy services as well.
Chesapeake Health Care has received the following Quality Improvement Awards from HRSA, all of which come with additional grant funding to support our health care quality initiatives:
- Clinical Quality Improver Award (Made at least 10% improvement in one or more clinical quality measures between 2016 and 2017)
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Reporters employed EHRs to report on all CQM data for all of the health center’s patients.
- Enhancing Access to Care Awards recognized health centers that increased the total number of patients served and the number of patients receiving comprehensive services between 2016 and 2017.
- Addressing Health Disparities Awards recognized health centers that met, exceeded, or made at least a 10% improvement toward Healthy People 2020 goals across different racial/ethnic groups.
- Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) for Quality Awards recognized health centers that utilized HIT systems to increase access to care and advance quality of care.
- Health centers with patient-centered medical home (PCMH) recognition in one or more delivery site received Achieving Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition.