Three Lower Counties Community Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1994 to provide primary medical and dental care to patients in Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties in Maryland. Since then, our services have expanded to include care for migrant/seasonal farm workers, mental health, pharmacy, obstetrics and gynecology, urogynecology, maternal-fetal medicine, dental, and pediatrics.
In 2016, we changed our name from Three Lower Counties Community Services to Chesapeake Health Care to more accurately reflect our core mission, which is to provide affordable, culturally competent patient and family-centered health care. As a Community Health Center, we serve the healthcare needs of the three lower counties of the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
In 2017, we opened a new OB/GYN facility, which is located in the Woodbrooke Medical Campus in Salisbury. This 26,700 sq. ft. facility has 32 exam rooms. We have providers who specialize in Obstetrics, Gynecology, Urogynecology, and Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Our employee workforce has grown to more than 600 people. In 2023, more than 55,000 patients received healthcare services. We continue to grow and provide exemplary service to our patients.
At Chesapeake Health Care, our mission is to deliver accessible and culturally sensitive healthcare that revolves around patients and their families. We’re committed to fostering individual well-being and community health in the three lower counties of Maryland, ensuring quality care for all, regardless of financial means. Together, we strive for a healthier and more connected community.
Our vision is to cultivate a united and thriving community, free from the burdens of illness and social disparities. We aim to enhance the well-being of our neighbors by broadening our services and narrowing the gaps in healthcare access. Together, we envision a future where health is a shared treasure, and no one is left behind in the pursuit of a healthier, happier community.
The values of Chesapeake Health Care are Value of Life, Affordability and Availability, Listening and Learning Skills, Unity and Empathy.
Chesapeake Health Care… YOUR Community Health Center!
Recognition and Awards
Chesapeake Health Care is certified by the Joint Commission in Behavioral Health, and as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we provide the highest quality, affordable, culturally competent health care and preventive service. We offer a full range of pharmacy services as well.
The awarded CQHR badges from HRSA commend Chesapeake Health Care for its remarkable achievements in various vital areas:
- Access Enhancer: Demonstrating a significant increase in the number of patients served and those who receive comprehensive services, including mental health, substance abuse, vision, dental, and enabling services, by at least 5%.
- Health Center Quality Leader: Attaining the highest clinical quality measure (CQM) performance among health centers, receiving recognition in the Gold (top 10%), Silver (top 11-20%), or Bronze (top 21-30%) tiers.
- Health Disparities Reducer: Exhibiting notable improvements in select CQMs for at least one racial/ethnic group or meeting established benchmarks for all racial/ethnic groups served.
- Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) for Quality: Meeting all criteria to optimize HIT services for better telehealth, patient engagement, and collection of social determinants of health data to enhance care access and quality.
- Addressing Social Risk Factors: Actively collecting data on patient social risk factors and increasing the percentage of patients who receive enabling services.
These badges spotlight Chesapeake Health Care’s outstanding performance in advancing access, quality, health equity, health information technology, and addressing social risk factors.